Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Treat Day Wednesday–Candy Corn Trail Mix

IMGP0757

Another Treat Day and another Rowan creation. 

There is something about the fall season that my girls just love…yup Candy Corn.  Back in Canada it was around but not nearly as much as here in the US.  And it’s not just the little sugar candy; the flavour is everywhere.  It’s in M&M’s, Oreo’s, ice cream, and then, of course, decorations.  So we combined a few today.

My sister recommended a savoury treat but then it’s not what they are expecting but then I thought popcorn and Candy Corn trail mix was born.

IMGP0758

I popped a bag of popcorn.  Then in a large Ziploc, Rowan added 1 cup chopped up candy corn and 1 cup candy corn M&Ms.  I added the hot popcorn and sealed.  Rowan than shook the bag until mixed up.  The heat from the popcorn made the candy corn to melt and the smell is so lovely.  Rowan grabbed a few scoops and enjoyed with her afternoon cartoons.

IMGP0759

Yes, that is a candy corn bowl.  I found it last year at Target in the dollar section.  I love it!

Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

  1. Love those M&Ms! And with the hot popcorn? mmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll bet it smelled good when Rowan was shaking it up. This is a great little seasonal treat and having that candy corn bowl to serve it up in...perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you put it in the giant candy corn bowl! Saying Hi from Mom on A Time Out Hop...I host Photo Friday Link Party, I'd love to have you link up this or any other original photo from your blog. Happy Hopping! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that sounds so yummy and I love that bowl :) Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

    ReplyDelete