Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Treat Day Wednesday–Cinnamon Roll Donuts

IMGP9844

Today I had every intention of getting up and making today’s treat from scratch.  I had cookies on the brain and it’s been a while since I made something other than a decorated sugar cookie.  However, when I woke up this morning I thought I would die.  I went to bed last night with a head ache and woke up with one.  You see, we’ve had wicked storms here for the past few days and the pressure sytems have been up and down and my brain can’t handle it.  I’d prefer to be hidden under the sheets in the dark but alas life must be faced.

So I went with easy peasy lemon squeezy today; Cinnamon Roll Donuts.  There’s something about donuts and kids. What’s better than a mini cake with a hole in the middle?

I took some Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls and then cut a circle out of the centre and baked as per directions.  I then drizzled with icing and voila, a super fun and delicious treat that takes the time to open the package, cut the hole and bake in the oven, 30 minutes tops!

IMGP9841

Happy Treat day!

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

  1. What an easy and great way to have donuts! Did you bake the "holes" too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these!! Such an easy great treat. Hope your head feels better soon. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your head settles down today! :-) I love the donuts for the kids, holes for the mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deliiiiiiiiiiiiish! Oh I just love cinnamon rolls....

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great and quick little treat. Hoping the weather settles down and you can get rid of those headaches. What a trooper you are to still post Treat Day Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete