Saturday, January 14, 2012

Butterdoodles

What’s that you say????  Well I took the basic dough of the snickerdoodle and added butterscotch chips to it and voila, Butterdoodles :)

Butterdoodles1

Genius, if you ask me and all the guys in Rob’s office.

I really liked the crisp and cakey texture of the Snickerdoodle so I thought I’d switch it up.  I had thought toffee bits but then Rowan decided butterscotch chips would be better and although I didn’t make the toffee bit ones, butterscotch chips were an excellent choice.  She’s so helpful :)

It’s kind of simple but will be a real crowd pleaser.

butterdoodles

Recipe:  As adapted from Martha Stewart

  • 2 3/4 cups flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 cup softened butter
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups butterscotch chips
  1. Preheat oven to 350 F
  2. Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
  3. Add eggs until combined.
  4. Add flour, baking powder and salt until just combined.
  5. Stir in butterscotch chips.
  6. Shape dough into chosen ball size and space them 2 inches apart
  7. Bake until they start to go golden, about 10 minutes.
  8. Let cool and enjoy!

These were really really good and could take any flavour chip you throw into them!  Again, sorry about the pics, we had a few days of rain this week!

Thanks for looking!



Linking with:
Mingle Monday
Melt In Your Mouth Monday
Mouthwatering Mondays
Crazy Sweet Tuesday
Hearth & Soul Blog
Let's Do Brunch

9 comments:

  1. Rowan is very smart and so is her Mommy changing up the famous Snickerdoodle to Butterdoodles! No doubt these were a big hit at Rob's office. You are setting a delicious precedent for all his co-workers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES Genius....YES!!! Butterdoodles from now on around here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound wonderful! I love what you named them too! My son keeps bugging me about making some quick cookies. I guess they are getting tired of watching icing dry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's perfect! I would eat them en masse. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been making snickerdoodles with cinnamon chips. I'll have to try butterscotch chips next time -- that sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic idea - and a wonderful name! Thank you for sharing these yummy cookies with the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are too cute! That's kind of brilliant, y'know. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a brilliant idea! Thank you for sharing it with the Hearth and Soul Hop.

    ReplyDelete